22 Oct 2013

The Winner Stands Alone

Paulo Coelho wrote a book with this title, a title that says it all...indeed the winner always stands alone, whether that means physically, mentally or personally..a winner always stands alone.!

I play two competitive sports; table tennis and badminton, of which badminton has always been my number 1 choice. It is a game taught to me by my most truest buddy on earth and nourished by some amazing players who I have had the privilege of playing with, however recent times have seen things change in my life, even personal life [but I am not touching that issue here]! 
I was once told by someone I have looked up to in table tennis that 'you have more knowledge of table tennis than you will ever have of badminton'...trust me when I say this that it was after that day that I really looked up to my game and started improving it. I now have what I call a 'trademark' backhand :p and some amazing forehand smashes but of course, there is plenty of room for improvement which I always try to close in on! :)

I am taking part in the universiade Mauritius and I had a thought this afternoon as I left the complex after losing my quarter final match, 'the winner stands alone'..If you ever go to a tournament, it is frankly quite obvious to find out who the number 1 is even though he/she isn't playing a match at that time! There are some very common traits you will find in him/her. 
The number 1 will never go around asking how good a particular someone is [because they know they are that good] but will always keep an eye on the games going around to see if there is a competitor really! 
The number 1 will also never be impatient about his/her match. They will be roaming around with the expression 'I am the best and I know I will win' where as the others will be crowding the scorers desk eager to play [and lose too]!

There are many more like this but they all point to one thing..THE WINNER ALWAYS STANDS ALONE!!
In life, there is no room for helplessness and pity. Life is indeed like chess, for every one good move we have thought, destiny has 4 in its thoughts, that is why not everyone can get what they want..Dreaming is free of cost, dreams aren't!

"At times good isn't just good enough" - Suits










No comments:

Post a Comment