9 Nov 2013

The Eye Matters!!

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

This world is one but we all see situations differently because there is one thing different in all of us..'the eye'..scientifically speaking the eye is the same of course but our view of a situation, our perception of something is what makes all the difference. 'Beauty is always in the eye'.

I was looking at some old photos a couple of minutes back and I was touched till the core of my heart..photos tend to have that effect on us..always!! because they remind us of a time of life that we wish could return to, people who have changed and we want them to be the same again but have no control over that, memories of times we laughed from our hearts but today can't even afford a smile..So yeah, photos do remind us of some of the best times as well as may be the bad times of our life (I have photos of one of my worst trips ever which was to Nairobi..I may not look at them but they remain a part of me to tell me the lessons I learnt back then)..Photos make us cry, laugh, emotional and some make us wonder why we can't have this time back..I see things with an eye of hope, faith, love for the Creator; I see and try to show others things with positive mind set..nothing in life is big enough to make us fall if we wish to stand and fight..

I'd like to talk about 3 cities that have given me some amazing memories for life!!


MOMBASA!!
 
To be honest, it was a life changing experience. I learn a lot from this place and met some of the most amazing people I will ever meet..people who are nice, sweet, kind and appreciative! I also met people who were not what they looked like on face value and so I learnt that books shouldn't be judged by their covers..Mombasa gave me a lot of confidence, it sort of opened me up and damaged my shy nature, which I am very happy about. A friend once told me that for someone like me, being out going would be better and Mombasa did just that! It also taught me time management and independence because I was on my own for both the trips I went. 
It is important in life to learn how to hope in situations where there is plain darkness, important to see the positive aspects from something that seems nothing such as when you realize someone you considered to be your friend wasn't, that is a very positive thing to receive..my second trip to Mombasa, taught me this!!
It also gave my mother courage. My mom is a lady who has a weak heart towards me especially as I believe all mothers do for their children so when I went Mombasa, it gave her courage to learn to let me go far and today that is why she agreed to send me to Mauritius for over a year!!
I have made some amazing friends, have had praises from a lot people in Mombasa and it is my prayer from the core of my heart that I go back someday again to Mombasa..It is a place stored in me to depths although I have only been there for 5 months.. I guess, quality does beat quantity after all!

KARACHI!!

My home city..Whenever I land in Karachi, my heart feels that is has come home. I know my country, my city aren't perfect and also have been criticized and under negative comments from quite some time now but to me, my city is home. In a poem of mine titled 'Mera shaher-e-Karachi aj bhi utna hi acha hai', meaning my city Karachi is great even today, I mentioned that I love my city because it is my city and I was born there not because of a particular person living there. I guess we all have that love for our home lands!
As of today, a very special person lives in Karachi for whom I wanna go there again and again..that special person is my 6 year old cousin called Kaef! I just miss him so much..I remember how he used to run to me and hug me and give me a kiss and I would forget all my tension and troubles..I have a tear right now because I really 
really miss him and I love him sooooo much!! :') *prayer that I meet him again very very soon*!

KAMPALA!!

You can say this is home away from home..I don't even know where to start or where to finish. From childhood to finishing up to 2nd year of University, from good friends to bad, from love to loneliness, from sports tournaments to outings to special religious occasions to lifetime memorable memories, this city has given me I'd say everything. I may no longer wanna live in this city because of my dream to travel and work abroad but this is a city I always will have my heart connected with. I have some amazing friends back home in Uganda and I miss them a lot. To be honest, yes I miss Kampala a lot and some day in the future I would go back and meet my friends, laugh like I mean it, crack jokes, sit together on the steps of the Jamat Khana {mosque} and share stories, play table tennis and badminton, hell I will do a lot of things but that is in the future and not today..today means making a tomorrow for me and that isn't in Kampala..but it always will be a part of me for it showed me the colors of life, from to dark to bright!!

I have many memories in life that I will re-call throughout and shed a tear and smile about but there are also those I will say 'I wish did this'..I have no regrets but I will like to decrease or eliminate the 'I wish..' moments! 
To conclude this article, I would like to say a quote from one of my favorite shows 'criminal minds'..it goes like:

"I have learnt that there are things we don't wanna happen but have to accept,
things we don't wanna know but have to learn,
and people we can't live without but have to let go.."

Cheers!

















No comments:

Post a Comment