21 Nov 2013

Move on..Just move on..

One of the best things I have come to admire about my life is the fact that people's words and negative attitudes don't bring me down but encourage me to fight harder. I am not saying the words don't hurt, they definitely pinch but for a short time only. To be very honest, I am not someone who holds grudges against anyone because I let go of such people and I tell them on their face what I feel. It fascinates me how Allah has placed lessons in His creation such as no matter what happens, life always moves on, time always moves on; that tells me He is telling us in a way that no matter what happens, you should look to the future and keep moving on!

I have taken some recent criticism and words from here and there from couple of people (and a statement that pinches when I re-call it especially in the manner it was said in) and it hasn't gone down well with me because I think their perception is wrong and even though a blunt, straightforward guy like me is on the receiving end, he can't answer back because of some circumstances, for example if your boss is the one telling you something, you definitely can not respond back because then there are chances of you being fired. Imam Ali said "Never back down from saying the truth because neither can one bring death closer to you nor take away your source of income"..I have always followed this principle and never backed down from saying what I have felt and I shall never stop this, Insha'Allah but at times one should adapt silence instead of making noise. As I said earlier, people's words and disappointments of my life only make me wanna fight harder and be a better person than I was yesterday or today for that matter.

I think when you are good at something, you will get appreciated by people yes (might get appreciated) but there will definitely be those who will criticize you no matter what that is why Sachin Tendulkar, one of the best batsman of all time still has people who don't like him or say Roger Federer or Rafael Nadal, two players who built my interest in tennis have critics around and many more such examples so I think when people do tell me pinching statements, it is because they know he is wow so why is he wow? I am not praising or bragging about anything but just telling you out there who reads me, when you come across such instances in life, be positive and look to the future. I have decided that I am gonna work even harder starting tonight and achieve what I came here to achieve, the best I can achieve.

"Everything happens for a reason"..some of you will think what a cliche statement but believe you me, this is the most truest statement in the world. When I reflect back at my life, I see why things have happened. Why I couldn't join university before as all my friends did out of high school or the sacrifices and compromises I have made..everything makes a lot of sense..so take a moment and reflect, you will see why things have happened the way they did! 

I think I am full of emotions right now and I could go on and on and on but I would like to conclude this article with 2 statements of the same thought...

"When someone attacks you with words, reply back with actions"

"The best don't announce they are the best..they just show it"

Cheers!
Champ!!







No comments:

Post a Comment