20 May 2020

2 months, too late!!

I saw her for the first time today at this hostel,
I mean I have bumped into her before,
But today, I really saw her, you know…
After a long time, I decided to dine outside,
Certainly, one of the best decisions I have made in some time,
I decided to sit at my usual place,
Which just happened to be right across her,
She was with a friend; another factor added to enhance my fear,
You know this tingling introvert fear of saying ‘hello’.
I kept stealing these mini glances every now and then,
As she smiled and laughed, my curiosity grew,
I am a big instinct person you know,
and this afternoon, my instinct, whispered then screamed,
‘get to know this girl, Rahim’, you won’t regret!
As I have done several times in the past,
I walked away without saying anything and with a tiny bit of regret,
In the end, I forget these mini regrets, which could have,
Indeed led, to countless more memories, but let us leave it at that…

As fate would have it, I was talking to a friend of mine when she came,
My friend very kindly introduced me, and I got talking to her,
It must have been under a minute before my friend returned,
God knows I wished for that minute not to end,
My instinct never lies to me and it was right yet again,
There was something about her, which was magnetic,
And it certainly wasn’t physical, although she is very pretty,
I mean I could write way more about how beautiful she is,
but words won't do justice, and I don't want to fall short,
Although we were having this mini conversation,
A separate conversation was playing in mind,
One where I ask her to coffee and to explore the island with me,
One where we swim at deserted beaches and sit under the moon,
One where time runs out but not our words,
One where I ask her about her tattoos and her passions,
One where I get to meet the 'her' not everyone does,
A dive into the deep end because well, shallow is for everyone…

And then as life always does to me, it snapped back to reality,
My friend returned and the conversation was put to a stop,
I also learnt that her time on the island has nearly come to an end,
God, life has such an amazing way of playing pranks on me,
It sucks to meet people you want to uncover at the wrong time,
Yet the ones who are toxic or who would care least about us,
The ones who lead us on a path and then walk away,
The ones who find us in darkness and bring the hope of light,
Yet end up leaving us in even more darkness,
They are always there, in fact; there is an ample supply of them,
And as much as we run away from them, they never run away from us,
So, it is a huge dagger and sucks because time can’t be reversed or recovered,
And there isn’t much of it left ahead for either of us, as it seems,
After a long time, I bumped into someone I really want to know,
Yet, sadly, I won't even be able to share this piece with her either,
It will seem creepy, random and perhaps, desperate,
But if I do meet and talk to her again, and reach a certain level of trust,
I will tell her about it, and be keen on seeing her response,
But, for now, all I know is, I bumped into her 2 months, too late!!

Peace!
Champ!

No comments:

Post a Comment