7 May 2015

That one moment..

I traveled this past weekend and as I sat alone on my last day having tea at the Aga Khan Academy watching the sun set, I wrote this poem:

It is that time of the day I love to capture,
But birds seem afraid of what’s to come,
I guess everyone hates darkness,
Then why don’t we fight for light?
Why do we give up the struggle so easily?
Anyways, behind the lens I have the power to hold a moment,
A moment that I can beg for but time will not return it,
But then again I ask myself, do I really have that power?
Does anyone have such a power?
Because a photo is not a moment but a memory of one,
And the greater the photo; the deeper the grief for the moment,
So today I really just want to pour my feelings on paper,
I don’t have anything specific to write about but share myself,
Share the pain of having an empty space besides me as I take my tea,
A space that I want the Almighty to fill up with someone but He doesn’t,
I want to tell you that regardless of how strong I am, pain gets to me too,
And it is such a moment I am feeling right now that I hate a lot,
A moment when it clicks you that you’re alone; how does the moon do it every night?
A moment when you don’t understand what your purpose here is,
A moment when you’re freedom hits you like a dagger in the heart,
Such a moment is really more painful than a broken heart,
Because at least when someone leaves you, you have certainty of them leaving,
But here it is all doubt and blurriness with absolutely no sign of rescue,
Amidst all this, I see a ray of hope; someone’s smile,
Someone I don’t know but would absolutely love to know,
So on this positive note, I can say that this moment will also fade,

Like all the painful moments I have been through; this too shall fade!!

Cheers!
Peace!
Champ!

No comments:

Post a Comment