25 May 2015

Be mine!!

So I wasn't intending of publishing this poem but someone, I must add quite a special someone asked me to do so. She said it was very beautiful and deserved to be read by people. I am humbled by her opinion. 

Upon returning from Dubai, 38,000 feet above sea level, floating over clouds, here are the words my heart whispered:



You know I love it; I love it to bits in fact,
When you just let your guard down; a bit,
When you forget the walls you have built around your heart,
The walls that seem so high to climb for anyone,
When you forget your fear of getting hurt,
And you do and say what your heart wants,
You know I love it…

I love it when I talk to the girl who believes in dreams,
The girl who wants to fall in love; the love in fairy tales,
The girl who has her innocence written all over her face,
But it is sad that I have only met her a couple of times may be,
Because she is trapped and imprisoned within a cage,
A cage within yourself so deep that no one can reach…

You know what I think when I think of that girl within you,
I think of someone who I can share myself with,
Someone capable to rescue me from my depths of solitude,
Like I can rescue her from her depths of unfulfilled desires,
And I don’t mean share my body with her because that is the easier part,
I mean share my soul and body,
Which sounds ‘bookish’ but trust me; its reality…

I am not saying I love you because we haven’t reached there, yet,
But I have a feeling if we wanted to, if you wanted do, we can do this,
You and I together could walk past our daily sorrows of life, because,
As someone said, loving someone gives your strength while being loved by someone gives you courage,
I do not know why I have written this poem or why I am saying this,
Because I know we are very far from all this and I am not your type,
Nor am I capable to be with you, but I just felt like writing,
You should know you’re not the closest girl to me yet the only one I wanted to say this to…

You know I love flying, it gives me peace when I am above the clouds, and far from the world,
And it is easy for me to write what I feel when I am at peace with my heart,
I know you could get a better guy than me and I know you might disagree but this is the truth,
But still just know…I could be the star that lightens up your path,
I know too many expectations I am giving so I will just conclude with a quote I love,
If we get together, I am not saying you won’t have problems, but you won’t face them alone!!!


Champ!