22 Apr 2015

Don't let go...just move on!!

‘Strangers’, that’s how we all begin a journey with someone isn’t it? Somehow perhaps a certain hi or hello, a smile, a ‘like’ or a ‘follow’ considering today’s social media power sparks and breaks off the ice and a conversation begins. Personally, this initial stage is the hardest for me because I have been an introvert for as long as I can remember but once this is done and I begin to talk to someone, they learn that I am really a very talkative guy :p! Anyways, the fact that betrayals and lies are too much in supply and almost everyone is roaming with a mask around, the initial conversation really gives a glimpse of how strong this friendship might become because a majority of us are judging and trying to figure out who this person really is. Who is he/she? Can he/she be trusted? Leave trust, are they worth my time is the question we ask ourselves! And so the answers to those questions really then decide whether the friendship takes a step forward or becomes stagnant which in reality means, death! I believe a lot of people lose a potential genuine friend by making a misjudgment at this initial phase. Like a plant needs time to give you a flower, some people need time to really show you who they are; although this statement also goes for the ‘damaging’ ones!!

We all begin as strangers but we also really get to decide who ends up as a stranger”, one of my favorite quotes. True isn’t it? We really decide who ends up a stranger as well. There are people we used to talk to daily as if the day wouldn’t pass without a talk with them or share every single feeling with but now they mean nothing; and I really mean nothing. We see them on social media as a mutual friend or around us if we are in the same country but we can’t bother to give them any attention whatsoever because of the pain they caused us. In all reality, we hate this individual but we never use that word of course because to hate someone is bad, ethically and also in the eyes of people and we of course want to look good so we don’t hate this person but we just don’t want them around; we just put it so nicely! Trust is everything but once broken, a sorry means nothing!! I also have a couple of strangers like this, one very recently and truly, “I don’t hate this person but…”

The last thing and probably the main thing I want to write about is when do we know it’s time to let someone go? And what is someone letting go mean anyways? Is it forgetting them because that is nearly impossible especially if you loved them, so how do you let go? I somewhat don’t believe in letting go but I believe in moving on. Someone will say but they are the same but are they? I have someone who scarred me like no one else did and ‘I let go’ and realized, I actually let my soul go and I lost more than I could bare. Very recently, we began talking again and I feel at peace. There are people that are ‘once in a lifetime people’ and losing them is the hardest thing one can face; she is that person to me. I don’t think anyone will understand her like I do or anyone will understand me like she does. The hope of finding someone who will love me for who I am is alive despite the darkness that ray of hope has seen thus far. I have moved on in the sense that I know me and her can’t be ‘that’ again and I have a life to live with countless opportunities which is what I am doing every single day of my life. Yes my thoughts and my beliefs have changed because of the pain and solitude, my look on life changed but there is nothing wrong in that! I do what I love like writing my blog without the fear of being judged, taking photos which is my greatest passion right now after flying/travelling and of course talking to and making new friends that I wouldn’t have done in the past; so yes, life is for us to live or for us to reject. 

Back to my question, when do I know it’s time to move on and for me the answer is very simple...when I begin compromising my happiness! Many a times, we are too blind to see that someone who can be our greatest admirer or companion is right in front of us but we are busy chasing illusions. As they say, people spend their life chasing stones when the diamond was begging to be theirs! 
"Life is a one-way lane..remember that everyday"

I end with one of my most favorite and heart wrenching lines from the book ‘The Half Girlfriend’:

I have a fear that I will never be able to get over someone I loved deeply






Cheers!
Peace!
Champ!



No comments:

Post a Comment