8 Dec 2013

It was my dream..perhaps still is!!

Indeed, lucky are those who realize their dreams because it is one of the most beautiful feelings in the world to be doing what you have always wanted to do. Those who do not get to do what they dream of doing know the value of that feeling. 
Walt Disney said "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them". I tend to disagree. ALL our dreams can't come true otherwise life or this earth would be paradise, isn't it? At times it takes more than courage to make a dream come to reality and fate plays a huge role in restraining us from making our dream come to reality, like financial issues, parents disagreeing, one's unconditional loving ability, disabilities, accidents and many issues. I may have all the courage in the world to go in pursuit of my dreams but if I don't have the money to do it, how am I going to do it? by working, yeah right. Not like I will earn 50,000 dollars and become a pilot or pray overtime and get my natural eyesight back to life. I guess at some point in our lives, we all realize what is meant to be for us and what isn't. That does not at all mean that we should stop dreaming because dreams pave the way forward for us. They give us reason to live and that my friend, is the most important thing in life..a reason to live.
As far as my dream to be a pilot goes, I guess, it was my dream, perhaps still is, but isn't meant for me!

I was 5 when I looked up the sky and told my dad 'I will be a pilot'. I had the intensity and power in my heart for that statement since the day I said it until a couple of years back. It took me a long time to distinguish between a dream and what He has written for me. It is not that I do not have faith in Him to give me my dreams but simply that now I understand His desires for me are way better than mine for myself. It is still with faith that I hope to do what I always wanted to do..'fly'..Albert Einstein said "God always takes the simplest way". I would like to believe that and move forward. I think we must all realize our dreams can not all be realized but we must try our best to get the ones we can. I re-call one of my seniors in high school once telling me when I was in year 9 and he was in year 13 (senior 6): 'as you move forward in life, you will get to know that with time our perceptions about our dreams change; and not only our perceptions but our dreams change too, so remember to be adaptive, ready to accept and positive towards change'. 

My desire right now is to work in the tourism industry and I wish I get that..I wish I at least get that..with a deep thought and pain did I say that statement..
Whenever I see a plane, the passion in me awakens and I feel alive. I love planes because just like them, I feel I am made to fly!!

"I gave in, and admitted that God was God" - C.S Lewis

Cheers,
Champ!












No comments:

Post a Comment