26 Sept 2014

Lost but hopeful...


“Everyone finds their soul mate, Brida…”

But do we really? And if yes, do we recognize that person? Or value that person? Do we really? For those whose hand has been left, the answer might be a yes but for those who leave the hand, can we say they don’t? It so happens that one leaves someone for another one, then how do we justify who is whose soul mate? Many at times, we love someone so deeply that we become incapable of loving anyone else no matter how hard we try or how long it has been; our love for that one person always over powers our will to love again. My favorite poet wrote:
 you can love someone after loving someone else, but to love someone beyond loving yourself only happens once”. 
I for one, from the core of my heart, agree and believe this!

I really don’t know what I want to write or perhaps I know but I am unable to put it to words…umm you know that feeling? When you want to express but you just can’t find the appropriate words; yeah that feeling! Words have been perhaps my best friend so far because they have helped me a lot. I started writing when I was still in primary school and when we were told to write an essay, I would so easily put one down when my friends used to be eish-eish. I remember when I went to Pakistan when I was very young, I did my cousin-sister’s English homework and she aced it in class; that was a happy moment. I just made my name back home amongst my family. Growing up in a foreign country and returning home every 2 years is certainly one of the fond memories of my childhood I have. And this is how it always is when I sit down to write something…I jump from topic to topic with ease and without realizing it.

We really have no clue about why are where we are until we are able to have a picture of the entire story. We don’t always get what we want, we lose things and people we have, we make choices and regret them later; all of which is planned by He who is above all else. Yes my faith in Him is very strong but the fact that I am human and looking at my past, I get saddened by what or who I wasn’t able to get. None-the-less let me conclude on a positive quote I read today on one of the Facebook pages:

When you meet the other half of your soul, you will understand why all the other lovers let you go. When you meet the one who deserves your heart, you’ll understand why things didn’t work with everyone else.

I would like to wait and believe in this. For now, a picture that speaks volumes of the time then, and today, now, right now although with a completely different set of emotions!!


Peace!

Champ!



2 comments: