23 Jul 2014

Graduation!

So I finally graduated this evening and it was a touching and emotional evening. I shall remember this for ages to come, but I read somewhere that 'do not cry it is over, but be happy that it happened', so I pondered and wrote a little something...

Should I cry that it is all but finally over?
Or should I rejoice that it happened and I did it?
The one question that I really have on my mind, right now…

They often said graduation is one of the happiest days,
I don’t understand how can you say bye and be happy?
How can an end be the best part of the journey?
I really asked myself this evening as I sat waiting to be called upon,
Do I really want this journey to end?
The answer frightened me as much as it was an honest one,
And that the answer to the question was a clear no,
That I did not want to part away from all these people,
That I never felt like saying good bye to the life I have lived this past year,
So the question my heart is pondering upon this wonderful cold evening is,
Should I cry that it is all but finally over?
Or should I rejoice that it happened and I did it?

I came with nothing at all but myself to give and I leave with all these people,
I leave with their beliefs, their thoughts, their jokes, their dialogues, their poses,
The next time I shall be elsewhere, I will probably give the ‘_’ pose of someone,
And much as I shall smile in the photo, my heart shall weep of the memory it brings with it,
As a photographer, I can take photos and capture the moment forever in time,
But I can’t bring the moment back and that; that is a painful fact,
The fact that this time will not come back, nor will the one that passed by,
So with all the happiness and achievement this evening, I ask myself,
Should I cry that it is all but finally over?
Or should I rejoice that it happened and I did it?

I can cry that it is over, or smile that it happened, does not matter,
Because it is over; the time has gone and what I do now is less relevant,
So either ways won’t matter; but one thing I am very sure about is;
That I am going to miss every moment and I really mean every moment,
From the house parties to the lectures to the trips to the programs and events,
The photos I took to the ones I was in, the strangers that became friends,
The dude who turned out to be a brother from another mother and a ‘selfie’ partner,
To the one who couldn’t make it for the ceremony yet was a major part of the journey,
Every moment shall be missed of the journey which sadly had to end, today!!!

Peace!
Cheers!
Champ!


2 comments:

  1. I wonder why we were all happy on this day, its sad that we might not be sooo lucky to see some faces maybe forever or for a veeery long time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes true! I hope we do get those re-unions now and then!

    ReplyDelete